WE ARE NOW IN A STATE OF EMERGENCY
– you MUST obey the RFS if they tell you to leave
With catastrophic weather conditions likely to see an escalation of fire conditions in our area, a State of Emergency was declared for NSW for a period of seven days from Monday 11 November. The following information is provided to assist anyone in need of help. Please stay safe – put your fire plans into action, load the NSW Fires Near Me app from the Google Play store or Apple’s app store on your phone or check the NSW RFS website and keep informed on fire conditions near you.
IF YOUR LIFE IS AT RISK, CALL 000 (Triple Zero) IMMEDIATELY.
Continue to stay up to date with the bush fire situation by –
• checking RFS NSW
• listening to your local radio station or
• by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737
• if you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment, contact the RFS through the National Relay Service –
– TTY users phone 1800 555 677 then ask for 1800 679 737;
– Speak and Listen users phone 1800 555 727 then ask for 1800 679 737;
– Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for 1800 679 737;
– To report a fire or emergency (TTY users only), access TTY 106.
A list of evacuation centres is available here – emergency.nsw.gov.au
People are encouraged to register online at Register Find Reunite before attending evacuation centres.
Port Macquarie-Hastings LGA & South:
• Wauchope High School – Nelson St, Wauchope – 6585 1400 (showground 6585 3023)
• Laurieton United Services Club – 2 Seymour St, Laurieton – 6559 9110
• Club Taree – 121 Wingham Rd, Taree – 6539 4000
• Taree PCYC – 95 Commerce St, Taree
• Kempsey Showground – 19 Sea St, Kempsey W – 6562 5231
• Kempsey Macleay RSL Club – 1 York Ln, Kempsey – 6560 1111
Nambucca Heads LGA:
• Anglican Church Bowraville – Young St, Bowraville 6568 9094
Coffs Harbour LGA:
• C.ex Coffs Club – 2-6 Vernon St, Coffs Harbour – 6652 3888
• Sawtell RSL Club – 38-40 First Ave, Sawtell – 6653 1577
• Woolgooga Diggers RSL Club – 17 Beach St, Woolgoolga – 66540466
• Dorrigo Sports Centre – Cedar St, Dorrigo
Clarence Valley LGA (Grafton):
• Grafton Community Centre – 59 Duke St Grafton – 6642 0900
• Coraki Bowling Club – 17 Richmond Terrace, Coraki – 6683 2229
• Nimbin Showground – 33-37 Cecil St, Nimbin – 0427 045 978
FODDER & ANIMAL ASSISTANCE
NSW Department of Primary Industry – Agriculture & Animal Hotline 1800 814 647
DISASTER ASSISTANCE PAYMENTS
Emergency assistance is available for residents and businesses who have been severely affected by bushfire. If you have lost your home, been injured or have had your small business or employment negatively affected by bushfire, reach out and see what assistance you are eligible for.
If you are in Nambucca, Kempsey or Port-Macquarie-Hastings local government area, you may be eligible for the Federal Government’s Disaster Recovery Payment and Disaster Recovery Allowance – find out by phoning 1802266. You could also be eligible for a grant to replace household essentials lost in the bushfire or to repair a home’s structure – find out by phoning the New South Wales Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444.
If you are in Bellingen or Coffs Harbour local government area, you may be eligible for the Disaster Recovery Allowance or welfare grant. Look into it by phoning the numbers above or visiting your local Centrelink office.
Factsheet – NSW Government Disaster Relief Grant Eligibility
Factsheet – Joint Australian NSW Government Assistance 31 August 2019 Onwards
Factsheet – Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment
Factsheet – Australian Government Disaster Recovery Allowance
COUNCILS (Local Government Areas)
Coffs Harbour City Council – Ph. 02 6648 4000, email email@example.com, website coffsharbour.nsw.gov.au
Bellingen Shire Council – Ph. 02 6655 7300, email firstname.lastname@example.org, website bellingen.nsw.gov.au
Nambucca Shire Council – Ph. 02 6568 2555, email email@example.com, website nambucca.nsw.gov.au
Kempsey Shire Council – Ph. 02 6566 3200, email firstname.lastname@example.org, website kempsey.nsw.gov.au
Port Macquarie-Hastings Council – Ph. 02 6581 8111, email email@example.com, website pmhc.nsw.gov.au
Please find details of impact to Telstra services as a result of bushfires:
Impact in NSW:
- Fixed landline: up to 1219 fixed line telephony customers are unable to make and/or receive voice calls, locations include Nymboida, Killabakh, Toorooka, Taree, Marlee and Bellbrook.
- ADSL services: up to 118 ADSL customers located at Koorainghat, Elands and Forster are unable to connect to the internet.
- nbn services: up to 768 Telstra NBN customers are experiencing a loss of voice and data services, predominantly in Harrington and Old Bar.
- Mobile services: 3 x 3G and 5 x 4G mobile base stations across 5 physical sites including Comara, Nabiac and Bellbrook.
The majority of service impact is attributed to the loss of AC Mains power at network sites. Telstra field technicians and power technicians will attend sites when and where safe to do so, prioritising the restoration of mobile sites. There is currently a loss of commercial AC Mains power to 13 network
Telstra Assistance Package:
Telstra has announced an assistance package for its residential and small business customers in New South Wales who have lost services due to fire. The assistance package will provide customers with access to free and interim services during the recovery period.
Areas including Forster, Taree, Harrington, Glen Innes, Nymboida, Bellbrook, Mooral Creek, Hollisdale, Wherrol Flat, and Rainbow Flat are all eligible for customer assistance. Customers are encouraged to access more information about the package here – https://bit.ly/2pcRNzg
Due to potential and actual fire impacts, all planned fixed wireless outages within NSW have been paused until COB Wednesday.
Currently 1429 users of NBN Fixed Wireless services across 11 sites and 513 users of Fibre to the Node (FTTN) across 4 sites are being impacted. These sites include Old Bar, Wallabi Point, Hannam Vale, Upper Lansdowne, Harrington, Johns River, Kendall, Cundletown and Mitchells Island. Services have been restored at Rainbow Flat and Koorainghat.
Fixed Wireless and FTTN phone/internet services will not work in the event of power outages. Consider keeping a charged mobile phone nearby. Where it is unsafe for NBN crews to restore power at affected sites, outages will continue.
FINANCIAL & INSURANCE SERVICES
NAB have announced a disaster relief package is available for their customers affected by the bushfires in northern NSW and mid coast. If you are a NAB customer, visit your nearest NAB branch or call NAB Assist on 1800 701 599 to discuss what options may be available to you.
Westpac’s Disaster Relief Packages are available, offering immediate practical help to customers to manage the impact of this natural disaster. Customers should contact Westpac Assist on 1800 067 497 or their local Westpac branch.
CommBank’s Emergency Assistance Package is available for customers and businesses affected by bushfires. Affected customers should call 1300 720 814 or visit their nearest Commbank branch.
ANZ customers affected by bushfires are encouraged to visit their local branch if they are able or to contact their relationship manager to discuss the impact on their business or personal circumstances. Customers can also contact ANZ’s dedicated financial hardship team on 1800 149 549 or anz.com/hardship.
BCU urges members impacted by bushfires contact their local bcu branch or call 1300 228 228 to discuss eligibility for bushfire relief assistance.
Suncorp is offering relief assistance options, effective immediately, to impacted customers. Customers should call 13 11 55 or get in touch with their relationship manager. For all insurance customers (Suncorp, AAMI, GIO, Apia and Shannons), claims can be lodged online at www.suncorp.com.au or call 13 25 24. Property owners don’t need to have a policy to lodge their claim, Suncorp have all details on file.
Newcastle Permanent are offering a range of relief solutions and product concessions to customers in affected areas. Customers needing assistance should contact their local branch or call the Customer Contact Centre on 13 19 87 for more information.
Insurance Australia Group (IAG)
IAG (including NRMA Insurance, CGU, WFI, and Coles Insurance brands) understands the severe impact that these bushfires is having upon our local communities. The priority is the safety of all customers, and IAG are doing everything possible to help them get back on their feet and rebuild their lives as quickly as possible. Customers are advised to lodge a claim as quickly as possible to receive support with immediate financial assistance and temporary accommodation. The dedicated Major Events Claims team is closely monitoring the fires, and assessors and suppliers are on standby and ready to move in, alongside the Australian Red Cross.