Pat Conaghan MP

The Hub

The Hub is an area to provide you with useful information and a place to apply for congratulatory messages and plaques.

If you can’t find what you’re looking for here, please contact our office click here.

Pat’s team can assist you with issues arising from MyAgedCare, provider issues and Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) assessments. Please provide your Aged Care reference number when seeking assistance. Issues regarding the quality and standards of care need to be directed to the Quality and Safety Commission in the first instance.

Pat’s team can offer limited assistance with child support issues. Please provide your Child Support number when seeking assistance.

Pat’s team can provide some assistance with accessing service records. The Department of Defence is responsible for presenting medals and awards. Should you have any issues with the application process, Pat’s office may be able to assist.

Pat’s team can communicate information and opportunities for Australian businesses in relation to the Defence Industry.

Pat’s team can communicate about the National Road Safety Strategy, road safety projects, vehicle safety standards regulations and the Federally-funded Black Spot Program.

Pat’s team can assist with issues arising from the NDIS, provider issues and assessments. Please ensure you have your NDIS number available when seeking assistance.

If you’re having phone or internet issues, Pat’s team may be able to assist by advocating on your behalf. Assistance can be provided with NBN Co., major telcos including Telstra, Optus, TPG, Vodafone, Dodo, iPrimus. Note: assistance cannot be provided with all Australian retail service providers (RSPs). In most instances you need to lodge a complaint through the provider. Please provide your complaint reference number and account number.

Pat’s team can assist with issues relating to Centrelink, including payments such as the Aged Pension, Disability Support Pension, JobSeeker, Family Tax Benefit Parts A and B. Please provide your Centrelink Reference Number (CRN) when seeking assistance.

Pat’s team can liaise with the Australian Maritime Safety Authority and the Australian Civil Aviation Authority and Air Services Australia for matters relating to the regulation of the maritime and aviation sectors.

Pat’s team can assist with Higher Education matters relating to policy, funding and programs. Course and scholarship issues should be taken up directly with the higher education institution. Assistance with matters relating to Youth Allowance and other government assistance payments for students is provided by Services Australia.

Pat’s team can assist with visas or visa applications in a limited capacity as legislation precludes MPs from intervening in this process. You will need to provide your application ID number and the decision record if possible. Other information may be requested on a case-by-case basis.

Pat’s team can provide assistance with domestic and international industry and trade services and opportunities.

Pat’s team can assist with Medicare issues. Please provide your Medicare number when seeking assistance.

Pat’s team can assist with issues relating to Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) payments, claims, medals, certificates and grants. For DVA Gold and White Card holders, please provide your DVA number when seeking assistance.

Pat’s team can provide some assistance with Australian Passport issues, travel advice and consular assistance on a case-by-case basis.

Pat’s team can liaise with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) to provide assistance on your behalf. General information can be obtained from the ATO website. For specific enquiries please contact the office and we will determine whether assistance can be provided on a case-by-case basis.

We like to acknowledge when our constituents reach important milestones. You can request a congratulatory message be sent for the following special occasions:

Occasion MP Message Prime Minister Message Governor General Message Queen Message Note
50th wedding Anniversary Y Y Y N And every year after
60th Wedding Anniversary Y Y Y Y* *Every 5th year afterwards
90th Birthday Y Y N N And every year after
100th Birthday Y Y Y Y* And every year after

*Every 5th year afterwards

Requests can be made by completing the form below and uploading a copy of the birth certificate or marriage certificate in support of the request. Should certificates not be available, you can complete a statutory declaration.

Please allow six weeks where possible for the processing of your request. Pat’s office will forward your request to the relevant State Members’ offices for congratulatory message arrangements at the state-level.

Privacy information: The Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet (‘the Department’) will collect and retain any personal information provided in accordance with the Department’s Privacy Policy.
The Department will generally disclose the personal information that is collected to Government House and/or Federal Members of Parliament to facilitate the provision of congratulatory messages to the recipient/s, unless there is a specific written request for this not to occur.

Veterans or the family members of deceased Veterans can apply for a Certificate of Appreciation. Certificates are issued as part of the Australian Government’s Saluting Their Service Commemorative Grants program.

To apply visit the Department of Veteran Affairs website and complete this document.

Eligibility guidelines for a certificate can be found here.

Australian Parliament House attracts an average of one million visitors each year. Pat enjoys hosting constituents at Parliament.

Pat can assist you to reserve tickets to Question Time, arrange a tour of Parliament, and assist with other Canberra enquiries. You can phone Parliament House on (02) 6277 7111.

The Australian Government invests in community projects and initiatives. Visit the Parliament of Australia website for a summary of grants currently open or recently awarded.

If you are a business owner or a business intender, AusIndustry Regional Managers based in Newcastle may be able to help. They can visit your premise to outline whether or not there are any grants or assistance schemes your business is eligible for.

Phone AusIndustry Regional Managers to request a consultation.

Tim Cotter | AusIndustry Central Coast, Hunter and North Coast NSW Regional Manager
0429 447 307
02 4014 5977

Natalie Gillam | AusIndustry Central Coast, Hunter and North Coast NSW Assistant Regional Manager
0434 606 779
02 4014 5922

What grants have been awarded in Cowper?

Additional information can be found at Grant Connect.

Medicare general enquiries
132 011
7 days a week, 24 hours a day

Medicare telephone claims
1300 360 460
7 days a week, 24 hours a day

Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme – Taking or sending medicines overseas
1800 500 147
7 days a week, 24 hours a day

Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme General Enquiries
132 290
7 days a week, 24 hours a day

Services Australia: Centrelink online services support
132 307
Mon – Fri: 7 am – 10 pm
Sat – Sun: 10 am – 5 pm
Get help using your Centrelink online account or Centrelink Express Plus mobile app.

Centrelink phone self-service
136 240
7 days a week
24 hours a day
Check payment information, such as past and future payments; update your family income estimate; complete your Rent Assistance review; apply for an advance payment; hear your Working Credit or Income Bank balance; ask for a mailed copy of documents.

Centrelink reporting
133 276
7 days a week
24 hours a day
Report your employment income and report if you’ve met your Mutual Obligation Requirements in your Job Plan.

132 307
Mon – Fri 7 am – 10 pm
Sat – Sun 10 am – 5 pm
MyGov helpdesk – Select Option 1

Centrelink – Older Australians
132 300
Mon – Fri 8 am – 5 pm
About to retire or retirement, seniors, needing help after someone has died.

Centrelink – People with a disability
132 717
Mon – Fri 8 am – 5 pm
Illness or injury, caring for someone

Centrelink – Tip-offs and fraud
131 524
Mon – Fri 9 am – 5 pm AEST
Line is closed on South Australian public holidays.

Centrelink – International Services
131 673
Mon – Fri 8 am – 5 pm

Centrelink – Complaints and feedback
1800 132 468
Mon – Fri 8 am – 5 pm
Provide feedback, suggestions or make a complaint

Centrelink – Farmers and their partners
132 316
Mon – Fri 8 am – 8 pm
Farmer assistance hotline

Centrelink – Financial Information Service (FIS)
132 300
Mon – Fri 8 am – 5 pm
Information for financial matters and free financial seminars

Centrelink – Income Management
1800 057 111
Mon – Fri 8 am – 5 pm
BasicsCard balance enquiry 7 days a week, 24 hours a day

Centrelink – Foreign exchange
1800 050 041
Mon – Fri 8 am – 5 pm
Information about foreign exchange rates.
For more information about the delivery of government payments and services, visit  Services Australia.

Centrelink – Payment and Service Finder
An online tool to see what payments and services you may be eligible for. Click here.

My Aged Care
1800 200 422
Monday to Friday: 8am – 8pm, Saturdays: 10am – 2pm, Closed on Sundays and national public holidays.
My Aged Care is the Australian Government’s starting point on your aged care journey. Find and access the government-funded services you need. Visit the website here.

Department of Veterans’ Affairs
1800 555 254
Monday to Friday 8am and 5pm
Providing benefits and pensions to current and former serving members of the Australian Defence Force, their family and carers. Visit the website here.

Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission
1800 951 822 (free call)
Share your concerns or lodge a complaint about an aged care service provider. Visit the website here.

Healthdirect Australia
1800 022 222
Free 24 hour health advice helpline providing convenient, non-urgent health advice and information. Visit the website here.

Click the below link to download the Road back business survey – July 2020.

Road back business survey – July 2020

Click the below link to download the seniors guide.

2020 PC Seniors Guide FINAL 19062020